28 year old Qiao “Kimi” Renliang committed suicide on Sep. 16 at home, shocking the nation with news of his death.
– He was greatly beloved and filmed many dramas and movies, with his period dress most beloved by audiences
– He was turning 29 in a month and his newest film has been in theaters for two weeks
– He has struggled with depression for many years
– His girlfriend discovered him at home with many wounds on his body, seeming to have passed on for a short period of time
Qiao Renliang used to be a Chinese high jump contestant and started off his entertainment career after winning a pageant held in 2005 by Hunan TV.
– He first started off as a singer and then switched his focus to theater
– His 2013 role in “Female Prime Minister” propelled him to fame in Taiwan, and his subsequent 2015 works with Huang Xiaoming and Joe Chen further heightened his popularity
Apart from TV dramas, Qiao Renliang was also very active on the big screen.
– He filmed 24 movies in eight years, and his movie with Zhao Liying, “Days of Our Own”, has only been in theaters for two weeks
– He also filmed “Never Gone” with Liu Yifei and Wu Yifan earlier this year, and “Stay With Me” is also awaiting broadcast
His management company commented:
“There are people leaving this world everyday in different ways. Since he is gone, let him rest well.”