“I am a Singer” is a reality music show originating from South Korean’s MBC channel.
– 500 live audience members vote for their favorite after 7 singers have performed, with rankings, voting, and outing singers occurring every episode
– New singers are added and a new element of outside challengers has been added lately
– However, contestants cannot leak news of their involvement beforehand, so fans have to wait until the TV station officially announces their participation
The fifth season should air in January, 2017, with Angela Zhao, Karen Mok, Hebe Tian, and Shaun Yong rumored to participate.
– It was rumored the 13th that Hebe Tian had already signed a contract, and that Karen Mok was close to signing one
– However, netizens pointed out that it’s been rumored every season that Hebe will participate, but the rumors have never come true
Please find season 5 coverage here.