Epoch Times: Yang Yang goes to extreme effort when filming, doesn’t complain when he’s covered with injuries and temporarily deaf
Yang Yang has filmed many productions in the 8 years since debut, and soared to new heights of popularity this summer with “Just One Smile is Very Alluring”.
– However, he recently revealed that his body wasn’t in the best condition prior to filming that drama
– He was incredibly tired and his immune system was very poor
– His waist hurt greatly and he’d even gone temporarily deaf at times because he was so tired, but he pushed through things because he didn’t want to disappoint fans
When he filmed “The Lost Tomb”, he eschewed use of a double and did all the fighting scenes himself.
– He then carefully checked all scenes after filming and repeated the scenes if they weren’t up to his standards
– He was injured many times during the filming process. “There are many injuries on my back, waist, and legs and because I couldn’t get timely treatment, I suffer from the aftereffects now.”
When he participated in the filming of reality show “Divas Hit the Road 2” in 2015, he was injured for a water game but didn’t rest before filming “The Whirlwind Girl”.
– “I suddenly developed a temporarily deafness and reported to the hospital after filming everyday to be pumped with fluids for five hours. It was basically dawn by the time I could go home and sleep.”
– He slept only two, three hours a day during filming
– “When I’m working hard, I have expectations for myself. I know I’ll become someone better so I never doubt myself.”
Yang Yang said that when he was filming “The Whirlwind Girl”, he never complained about his injuries or needing to go to the hospital.
– “A soldier who doesn’t want to be a general isn’t a good soldier, an actor who doesn’t want to win ‘Best Actor’ isn’t a good actor.”
– Therefore, he strives his hardest to do his best and wants to transform from a young, fresh meat, to braised, pork meat.