The Chinese Research Center of Journalism and Social Development recently released the “Structure of Netizen Produced Messages and Emotional Values” (cpoplove translated title) and saw that Luhan was the most searched for name in 2015, with Jay Chou and Zhang Jie as first and second runner up.
– Up to November, 2016, Luhan hashtags have broken 90 billion messages and Luhan has become the first celebrity to reach this figure
– He’s previously received the Guinness World Record for “Most Comments on a Weibo Post”
– The number of his Instagram followers have also broken 6 million, making him the first Asian celebrity to amass more than six million followers
In terms of music, after “Catch Me When I Fall” was released from his new album “Experience”, the number of fans discussing his song broke 10 million within 13 hours.
– He also topped the iTunes charts for Taiwan for several weeks in a row
– “Medals” also topped the American Billboard charts for a week after release
Luhan’s studio recently announced the beginning of “Luhan’s Wish Season 2.0”.
– This started when Luhan chatted with a fan in Iraq, and the fan was incredibly touched to receive Luhan’s words of encouragement and comfort when trying to live in a war torn environment
– Due to the inspiration received from this matter, Luhan started “Luhan Wish Season” in 2015, hoping to use words to express gratitude, resolution, and the joy of helping others
The hashtags of “Luhan Wish Season” broke 2 billion shortly after this post, with the activity running for seven weeks.
– Luhan will use various themes to fulfill fan wishes and the previous brands and platforms he’s worked with will also engage in a variety of fan activities as well
The themes will span family relationships, love, friendship, work, and life as well as other areas.