Cpoplove received a tip this week (thank you!) quoting insider casting sources that:
Disney officially announced that they will be casting Asian actors in the upcoming film Mulan, after previous controversy broke out regarding ethnicity of the cast.
Insider casting sources say that Disney is considering a newcomer “Eunice Kang” for the role of Mulan (above).
– Eunice Kang is a Canadian independent film actress who’s skilled in martial arts (muay thai and taekwondo) and multiple languages (Korean, Mandarin and Japanese)
– Eunice has been featured in FOX’s “Lucifer”
– Relatively unknown, Eunice would be a fresh pick for the movie
Eunice is the latest to join the line up of rumored choices for the role, which previously featured 22 year-old Australian actress Natasha Liu Bordizzo.
– Natasha appeared in “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny” in 2016 as “Snow Vase”
– Hype was so strong that Disney had to announce earlier this week that they were still considering choices for the role
– As originally reported in Next Shark
Rumors had also swirled around Fan Bingbing (above left) and Taiwanese actress Ting-ting Hu (above right).
– Asian netizens had clamored for Ting-ting Hu as she looked very similar to Mulan, whereas overseas netizens favored Fan Bingbing due to her dominating aura that was very similar to Mulan’s personality
– As originally reported in ET Today
Mulan will be in theaters on Nov. 2, 2018
Who’s your favorite pick for the role of Mulan?