Apart from dominating music charts, Jay Chou is also an avid gamer.
– His personal team of “J Team” for League of Legends has demonstrated the high emphasis he places on the professional gaming arena
– Not only that, he’s also been in talks to establish a luxury internet cafe in Shenzhen, which opened on April 9
– Netizens were wowed when pictures were revealed, and many gamers have said they’re going to go check out the premises
The furnishings follow a minimalistic style and low profile luxury. They’re mostly dark colored furniture and decorations.
– Unknowing passersby would actually think this is a restaurant
– This internet cafe is about 1,700 square meters with 230 computers, 5 VIP rooms, and the store divided into gaming, streaming, board games, and a bar area
– NT$800M is roughly USD260K
– A netizen mentioned that the food and drink inside are all quite good
There are currently 160K internet cafes in China, with the top three chains occupying less than 0.2% of the market.
– Jay noted that there is much room for consolidation and decided to found his own brand for competitive gaming
– He plans to partner with gaming companies in the future and hold various competitive gaming events to discover gaming talent
Netizens comment below:
[+1,327] Hey, get your boss out on the floor. I want to hear him sing
[+1,315] Jay, a professional gamer hindered by singing
[+571] The prices are actually quite reasonable!